The Goldsmiths Company supports artisans, protects consumers, and works with nonprofit partners.
The Company goals:
- To safeguard customers via the Assay Office and test the coinage of the realm yearly during the Trial of the Pyx;
- To assist artisans and the larger industry and trade through training, education, and promotion, notably through The Goldsmiths’ Centre;
- To finance and support the Goldsmiths’ Company Charity to help better lives;
- To build on our traditions to increase our contribution to life, work, education, and culture in London and beyond;
- To manage our financial affairs to safeguard the Company’s long-term future.
Since 1300, the Goldsmiths in Hatton Garden have tested the quality of gold, silver, platinum, and Palladium.